Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Not Moving Background!

Alright! Sorry it took so long, I figured since multiple people were asking, it would be easier to make one post here instead of going to each page and commenting them. So, basically. If you click on that little "Customize" link on the top right of your page, you'll go to a screen that looks like this (click on the little picture and it'll make it bigger):

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


So, you want to get to that first page, under the Layout tab, go to "Page Elements."

Now, one of my page elements is that "HTML/JavaScript" one on the bottom right-ish area.

If you go to that, and click edit, it'll bring up that window up there over everything else, that's the ticket right there. You'll enter CSS in there to make the changes for your background! I made my background and things and put them in through there, so I don't know if it'll work with their default backgrounds also, but it's worth a try.

So, anyway, in that window where you can edit the HTML/JavaScript, you'll need to put this:

<style type="text/css">
body{
background-color:681012;
background-image:url('http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3499/collage2kb3.gif');
background-attachment:fixed;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:top left;
text-align:center;
}
</style>

In case it helps, this is kind of what that all means:

The background-image part is if you want to add in your own background. That url it's got there is for the picture that's on my background right now, so you can either take that out, or put in your own.

The background-attachment: fixed is what makes it stop from moving, but for that to work, background-position has to be at "top left." (I think)

And then, background-repeat just tells it to either let the picture keep going in all directions or not, no-repeat just makes it so the picture is only there once.


Hah, I'm not much of a teacher, so let me know if I need to explain anything better for you!

11 comments:

Lady Mew said...

hai STEVEO!!!!!!! so kool we finally met today!!!
i reely hope i didnt kreep yu owt too much today! sarrie!
yur gonna hav to get used to it thow becuz yur probably gonna be see me mor often at Westside and stuff! hehe! "^.^"

thanx for lettin us know how yu do the stay backgrownd!
it didnt werk for me, but thatz probably just becuz im challenged! so ill try harder!
if i dont get it then Rachael probably will and she can help me...so thanx again for post!!!
yay!

Lynyrd Skynyrd rox my sox!!1

so yah...latur STEEVOW!!!!!!!
cyclopz smiley!!! @D


SAUL!!!!!!!

Katie said...

thank you so much thats so cool!

B.J. said...

Hmm my pic won't work what should I do and after I say this It probably will work but y what do I do

B.J. said...

What size pics works the best ?????

RachAEL said...

YES! THANK Y0U!!! nah ur a good teacher!!! tytytytyytyt!!!

but ok so how do u get the pic to fit the whole screen. u jus find one that just happens to fit? or is ther a way to "stretch" it out?

well ill jus keep playin around with it, thx again!!!

ps-heather, try to type ENGLISH!! not that makeshift-japanese. only me and daniel know how to read ur writing like that LOL sorry steven if u couldnt read that and ya ill teach her how to do the background thing :) hah! and maybe ill hafta help bj hahaha

B.J. said...

ya I could use some help

RachAEL said...

bj, u need help with everything. haha jkjk

to respond to ur comment,steven:
lol sauls not my brother! haha my bros on runescape all day and doesnt have time for socializing on blogger LOL

and ya, when i was playing around with the backgrounds n stuff, i noticed that the picture fits certain ways and it has to be a certain size and then if its not, its too big or too little. for now, im jus gonna have the pic i hav now and leave the background white. urs is still really cool!

and nah, u didnt ramble too much, me and heather ramble on waaaayyy more than u did- haha. and our phone convo's-dont even get me started. the longest we've talked on the phone was 3 HOURS! ya! good thing its free mobile-to-mobile LOL otherwise i'd be in serious trouble!

well thx again for ur help! and if heather ever leaves a comment on ur blog and u cant read it, jus let me kno and ill translate LOL

B.J. said...

Ok first thanks a bunch for the help on this post.And heather and Rachael really ramble on compared to you .

Lady Mew said...

thanx again for yur help Stievow! and thanx Twinnay for showing me how to do it!!! hehe! @8PPP


SAUL!!!!!!! "^.^" XOXOXO

Kayzar said...

Hey Stevan, I'm working on a new blog and I can't get the background working. Can you help me?

Lady Mew said...

lolz! wut would we do withowt Stievow? 888D


<3 for everywun!!!!!!! "^.^"