Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Globilization!

Globalization seems to be a matter in which the disadvantages outweigh the advantages, but the advantages are very great.

For one, in some cases, the economic and social conditions of farmers are increased by globalization of agriculture. It also helps increase the efficiency of workers, and it helps improve the quality of food we receive. It keeps prices reasonable because the competition is so high.

The advantages really mainly fall around money, which isn't always a good thing, the lives of many farmers are being ruined because of this new way of doing things.

Personally, I guess I'm affected because I'd imagine a lot of what I buy could possibly be more expensive if it wasn't for the Globalization of agriculture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve,

Thank you for the comment on my blog. Red rope licorice dispensers? Who'da thunk it?

There is something I don't understand. The first time that particular google search led to my cat's site, I hadn't posted anything about red rope licorice dispensers....or licorice or ropes or red.

Of course since then, I have posted a lot, because I can't figure out how google picked my site to begin with.

Are you sure you didn't find my site through Lutheran Surrealism? I read some of your posts. You would fit in quite well with some of the issues and commenters there.

Thanks again!

WW
pet human of Skittles, The Huntress

Anonymous said...

p.s.

you may enjoy this abbreviated article about Indra Nooyi, CEO of Pepsi. The entire article can be found in Fortune magazine.

WW

Anonymous said...

a link would be nice.....

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/18/news/companies/morris_nooyi.fortune/